Saturday, April 30, 2011

Poem 30/30 Absurdities

ABSURDITIES

I have written 34 poems and 2 short stories about a man I knew for 27 days.

I continue to mistake hope for actuality.

People talk to me. Then I get a paycheck.

Most days, I am asked for directions at least twice.

I want someone to love me even though I don’t love him.

My lower Manhattan neighborhood is inaccessible. All roads lead to Chinatown. I continue to eat take-out from the Golden Forest on Grand Street.

I am saddened by a gaggle of East Village Mommies waiting for the bus with their blonde kids. The prettiest Mommies talk only to one another.

I lie about my age; if I told the truth, everyone would tell me how good I look.

30 Poems in 30 days. Some guys I know always write 5 a day and no one makes a fuss over it.

This. What I’m doing right now. This. This moment, which is melting as I tap nonsense into keys just so…

Last night at the Nuyorican. Miguel Algarin took my performance piece seriously and defended my honor. He forgot he used to throw me out.

This.

This.

This.

© puma perl, 4/30/11

2 comments: