Friday, April 1, 2011

Poem #1 - Borderline

OK I am going to do the 30/30 for National Poetry Month - it's sort of a ritual; by May 1 I will have at the end have 30 pieces, and I will actually like a couple of them.
I haven't been writing much poetry, mostly prose and performance pieces, so these poems may be weird. This is the first one.

BORDERLINE

April again
A poem a day.

Madonna’s stuck in my head

Borderline
Borderline


Suddenly, Borderline
is the most meaningful piece of work
I have ever encountered

You just keep on pushing my love over the borderline

I surrender.
Never will I write a line so concise,
so powerful, so revealing…

Something in the way you love me won’t let me be

Yes!
Who needs couples counseling?
Who needs therapy?

Chubby, sleazy, social climbing Madonna has saved me!

The only problem is that Madonna no longer exists,
she’s morphed into an anorexic children’s book writing anglophile
stealing African kids sweeter than her own home-grown sociopaths…

Borderline feels like I’m going to lose my mind

Borderline
Borderline


I never crossed over,
still worship trash and tackiness
and the memory of teen-age Madonnas
wandering malls in black lace and fingerless gloves
dreaming of Danceteria while the real Madonna
cruised Avenue D with her windows wide open

Something in your eyes is makin such a fool of me

Borderline
Borderline
Borderline

© puma perl, 4/1/11

2 comments:

  1. i can only think of one thing when i hear madonna - that's a line from the movie reservoir dogs - toby wong toby chong - i got madonna's big dick coming out one ear.....

    ReplyDelete