Sunday, January 9, 2011

Puma Perl and Mad Anthony at Lix Kix 2nd Anniversary Celebration, 2nd ...



Remembering a fun time in Cleveland. Mad Anthony is an awesome punk/speed metal type band and they had never played behind a poet before. Since they came up to perform at the reading, it seemed like a no-brainer to me. We had never met before and this was totally unrehearsed. They are SO cute.

I don't have the energy to post anything new because I am weirdly sick. The worst of it happened while watching Black Swan last night. I left dizzy, with a pounding headache, one of the few, apparently, who did not really care for the movie. I got sick of Natalie Portman's face and was let down by what was supposed to be a "hot" lesbian scene. They didn't even show anyone's tits, not even in the constant dressing room scenes, let alone the sex scenes. I expected more from the director, Darren Aronofsky. I loved The Wrestler and Requeim for a Dream, both of which were brutal when they needed to be.

I saw The Wrestler on Christmas Day, 2008, saw Crazy Heart Christmas Day, 2009, which I dubbed The Wrestler: Country Music version. In its own way, Black Swan is The Wrestler, ballet version. Not about comebacks, but there are other resemblances which will not be noted, as I do not want to be a spoiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment